Voices of opposition
- E-Loan: "After being forced to abandon this effort by Fair Isaac, we successfully lobbied for legislation to allow California consumers to view their FICO® score and are working on similar national legislation."
- National Association of REALTORS®
Association of REALTORS®
- "The Senate Judiciary committee, on Tuesday passed SB 1607, C.A.R.’s sponsored credit scoring disclosure bill with a bi-partisan vote of eight to one."
- "C.A.R.’s sponsored bill, SB 1607, will be voted on in the Senate Judiciary committee on Tuesday, May 2nd ."
- C.A.R.: Consumer's Right to Know - Share Your Credit Scoring Stories
"N.A.R. and Freddie Mac have
teamed up to produce
a booklet and brochure entitled
"The Doorway to Good Credit,"
which answers frequently asked
questions about credit and
This page is now missing.)
Real Estate Finance - The
National Association of REALTORS® and The
California Association of
legislation and regulations that
mandate disclosure of credit
scores to mortgage loan
- PIRG: Mistakes Do
Happen: Conclusion and Recommendations - "Consumers
should be allowed access to credit scores
and explanations as a part of their
credit reports. Credit scoring models
fail to account for the existence of
disputed, erroneous or fraudulent
"Altogether, 70% of the credit
reports contained either serious
errors or other mistakes of some kind."
- 4/99: AAA
American Credit Bureau - "This newsletter is designed to
awaken the mortgage industry to a problem
that seems to be out of control and will
"destroy" our real estate
industry as we know it."
- 12/10/98: Credit
Scoring Questioned for Minority Lending-- "Recently,
some industry leaders have argued that
the formula used to determine credit
scoring is inherently biased because it's
based on middle-class areas where
approval for a major loan is easier than
in other lower-income areas..."
organization's name here)